Rowporty is part of Portobello Sailing and Kayaking Club
Newsflash – due to a the extended break from rowing, the club is not currently able to offer trial rows to newcomers. We now have such an extensive waiting list that it is likely to be next year before we are able to do this safely. We continue to be a friendly, sociable club, and look forwards to welcoming trial rowers as soon as the situation changes.
For general enquiries about joining Rowporty in the future, please contact Miranda Harvey.
What to wear & bring
- You will get wet, probably up to your knees.
- Wear stuff that can get wet without soaking up too much water – sports trousers and leggings are good, but not jeans.
- Light waterproof jacket that you can easily take off
- Launching trousers are useful and keep your feet dry
- Layers rather than heavy clothes
- Old trainers, sandals, crocs, wetsuit boots/socks etc.
- Do not wear wellies – they will get full of water.
- A bottle of drinking water, especially if it’s hot
- Warm clothing to put on afterwards
- Sunglasses and sunscreen, if it’s sunny
- A waterproof bag or case for your phone – or leave it behind.
We don’t have any changing facilities, but you can change and shower at the nearby Portobello Swim Centre for a small charge.
Updated 5 May 2021