What to wear & bring
- You will get wet, probably up to your knees.
- Wear stuff that can get wet without soaking up too much water – sports trousers and leggings are good, but not jeans.
- Light waterproof jacket that you can easily take off
- Launching trousers are useful and keep your feet dry
- Layers rather than heavy clothes
- Old trainers, sandals, crocs, wetsuit boots/socks etc.
- Do not wear wellies – they will get full of water.
- A bottle of drinking water, especially if it’s hot
- Warm clothing to put on afterwards
- Sunglasses and sunscreen, if it’s sunny
- A waterproof bag or case for your phone – or leave it behind.
We don’t have any changing facilities, but you can change and shower at the nearby Portobello Swim Centre for a small charge.
Updated 5 May 2021