Portobello’s Women 55+ team at North Berwick
On Saturday 16th July, we are holding a training session for:
- Complete beginners who have never rowed before;
- People who have started rowing recently;
- Anyone with some rowing experience who wants to improve their technique.
There will be an experienced cox and stroke rower on each boat who will cover:
- Launching and recovery of the skiff;
- Rowing technique;
- Rowing effectively as a team.
The session will run like the usual Saturday session with 1 hour long slots, beginning at 8.30. You can sign up by RSVP-ing to the event on BigTent. If you aren’t already signed up with BigTent, follow the instructions under ‘rowing‘ – sorry, we can’t take bookings by email.
The session will run from Portobello beach unless the weather/sea conditions are too bad in which case we’ll make other plans. Details will be sent to participants.
The training is free of charge and open to everyone over 16, first come, first served.